Sunday, May 3, 2009

One of the biggest pains in the butt...

For me, that is, is that a writer must write about what he knows...and when he doesn't know, he learns one way or the other. That means losing time I could use to do other things. Things like writing in this blog sometimes, dammit. :(

I did a lot of research and fact-finding for "Hell Knight", my first book, and for all of the stories I'll ever write. If I hadn't accepted that long ago, I'd be an idiot. But it's different now...my next planned "Hell Knight" book has been diverted to a side track because I've found myself jazzed up with the idea of a very different story. Except this time I have to dig for historical dirt, and a lot of it.

Why?

I can't say much at the moment, except it will involve Steampunk...and a very different history from the one we know and have to live with, whether we like it or not.

There will be more to come as the weeks and months pass, though! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment