Monday, July 6, 2009

Random Thoughts

Before I get to 'em, I hope everyone had a truly happy Fourth of July weekend. (Especially you, Yen, I hope you're doing great!)

I've been introspective lately, partly because of the holiday and partly because of a LOT of things. My thoughts, at random, in no particular order...

1) I virtually grew up watching Farrah Fawcett (yes, including the time she was Farrah Fawcett-Majors, which shows I'm friggin' old) and listening to Michael Jackson. No matter how flawed they both were in private -- which was their business and never any number of tabloids' business -- they hit us like a bomb in the time they were here, and it's still settling in me that they're no longer with us. Without a doubt, they'll be missed.

2) On a related subject, Farrah should have been given the chance to act more by the powers that be in Hollywood...watch "The Burning Bed" and "Extremities" to see why I say that.

3) On another related subject, whoever still thinks that Michael Jackson's steady transformation of his face from (NATURAL!) brown to a WTF shade of white wasn't weird is suffering from mental retardation. Again, his private business is just that, but what the hell kind of self-image issues could he have had and why? It's a question that has to be asked, but may never be answered now.

4) Why did it have to rain on the Fourth? :/

5) I wonder if Michael, the King of Pop, is starting a concert tour with Elvis, the King of Rock, somewhere we can only imagine in the afterlife... :)

6) One really does get hungry again not long after eating Chinese food.

7) Can a rudder function as part of the keel of a ship? (It's one of a hundred questions I'm asking myself as I do research...bear with me.)

8) Mondays suck. It's a fact. Look it up.

9) I have no problem with an online lottery, of all things, to decide which die-hard Michael Jackson fans get to go to the memorial service at the Staples Center tomorrow...but I swear to God, if they start selling memorabilia like fuckin' T-shirts there, it'll be official: the only thing anyone in Hollywood gives a shit about is money. The powers that be there can kiss my ass if they try to say different in the future. Remember how much money got pocketed by Hollywood's elite after their 9-11 benefit special?

10) I hope President Obama listens to Colin Powell...don't try to do too much with tax dollars you can't afford to spend! Besides, a basic truth is that when government tries to be big and fix a thing, they only end up making matters worse.

11) No, John Cho, in spite of what you think there can be such a thing as an Asian-American cowboy in a movie...just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't. That's kind of strange, isn't it? Someone typecasting himself and his entire ethnicity! But then, most liberals and multiculturalists would call that 'correct'. :/

12) I want to be an optomist, but my thoughts veer to the pessimistic. Maybe because I know too many of my fellow Humans are, in general, dumb. Or maybe it's just because I miss Farrah and Michael...rest in peace, please, the both of you.




















No comments:

Post a Comment