Thursday, April 23, 2009

Oh HELL, no!

My inner Cartman is screaming right now:




"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?"

The only thing keeping ME from screaming the same thing, literally, is the simple fact I long ago figured out how damned STUPID people can be.

But people still find a way to surprise me. The newest piece of evidence for the prosecution:

"Baby Shaker". It's a mobile phone game, and right now Alexander Graham Bell and others who brought the telephone into existence must be spinning in their graves. The game (can it honestly be called that?) starts with a picture of a baby crying loud. The object of the game, thanks to whatever tech someone else came up with, is to shake the phone until the baby stops crying.

I'm serious.

The object of the damn game is to shake the phone -- the BABY -- until the baby stops crying.

I don't have to go into how stupid this entire thing is, considering many babies have died in real life from being shaken so hard by abusive parents and/or guardians. And it doesn't amaze me that the fool who created this game thought it was a good idea. What amazes me is that the game had to go through process of approval by however many before it would even be made available for sale. And it got approved, the implication clear that others thought it was a good idea, too.

Again, I'm being serious, but I wish I wasn't.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to you on this one. This sort of thing always calls to mind the line from Jurassic PArk (the movie - not sure was in the book).

    "They were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they never stopped to think about whether they should."

    The guys creating the apps for the smart phones have done some amazing things with the technology but this is one of those they really should have stopped to think about. Though it does speak to how disassociated and socially awkward a goodly proportion of the tech/net community is.

    -Eli

    ReplyDelete